Big and little ways our family builds unity, avoids or tackles common family challenges, and befriends uncertainty through trust in God and family. Family glue options and opportunities are everywhere! Look for, prioritize, foster, value, initiate, maximize, support, encourage, trust, and enjoy family glue as a means to love God and others wholeheartedly.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Family Management Saturday

Last year we dropped something that had worked well for our family in the past, and we paid for it. Family Management Saturday is simply setting aside one Saturday a month for me, the family manager, to do monthly tasks such as online banking, purchasing, etc. While I'm stuck at the computer offering up my inclination toward distaste for much of this work, my family is holding down the fort and doing their own monthly household chores. Today I worked on our taxes. Say no more.

Making Family Management Saturday a priority was our family New Year's Eve resolution. Well, technically I asked for it and the other family members agreed. Expecting joy about this is asking a wee bit too much. Three months into the year, I feel a burden lifting off of my shoulders. I am trusting that I will get my one Saturday a month, no matter what.

When mom is happy and feeling that her workload is doable, the whole family is happy. That's good family glue.

Have a blessed Sunday!