Our littlest has been the most easy going baby I have ever known. He has most certainly been the most easy going baby I have mothered. Well...he is nine months old now and he is decidedly one of us. Over night he has become Mr. Opinionated! As he was demanding the telephone and the remote and the knife, I watched my older children look on puzzled. Then I reminded them about Toddler Property Laws:
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, Its mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, It's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I am doing or building something,all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks like mine, it is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.
My children thought these were hilarious! Instead of locking into a view of their baby brother as a wrecking ball on hands and knees, they received a glimpse into normal child development which often softens the heart. Once again, humor saves the day!
Big and little ways our family builds unity, avoids or tackles common family challenges, and befriends uncertainty through trust in God and family. Family glue options and opportunities are everywhere! Look for, prioritize, foster, value, initiate, maximize, support, encourage, trust, and enjoy family glue as a means to love God and others wholeheartedly.

